Wednesday, February 11, 2009

PLAYTIME!


in an effort to *take care of myself*, i have abandoned all custom orders for a while. my life had gotten too complicated, and so, nothing was being done well or on time. i found myself frustrated and feeling incompetent.

this new found *freedom* has been so liberating already. i've got tons of projects and ideas that i want to explore, and now i have the time to do them. Helen has already commented that *we don't have to rush today, huh, Mommy?* boy, is that a wake up call...when i found myself rushing their little childhoods and postponing sweet, handmade *just because* gifts for them...

well, it's time. time to step back and care for me...my creative spirit, my health, my children...

but that means PLAYTIME!!

i've learned a few new tricks, and i'm happy to be able to share some of them with you. some of these things will end up in my Etsy or Artfire shops, some will be sent to nieces and nephews, and some will set up residence here with my children...which is why i began this venture in the first place.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

awwww....you brought tears to my eyes Anna....happy tears for you and your family though.....:) So nice for you to take time for yourself and your children...they are little sweethearts....and things you are making are adorable and shows the love that goes into each and every piece. You are very talented and special person and greatly appreciated...hope you know that!

Renee•Candy Stick Lane said...

AMEN BEAU! Ive been doing the same thing and its totally fabulous! XOXO