Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Slow and Steady


"Learn something new every day." "Inch by inch, everything's a cinch." Those are two of the wise sayings my Grandmother Lois had for me. She was full of them, and as I've gotten older, I've discovered most often, she was right.

This week, I've been trying to learn a new sewing trick each day (in addition to the "facts" my boys bring home from school). Today, I give you "Mr. Turtle", the terrycloth applique that glows in the dark.

Carter needed a costume for a book report at school. He was supposed to be one of the characters from the great Judy Blume's Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. Since Carter is an elementary aged school boy like the main character Peter, we were having a tough time figuring out how to dress him up. Then Carter remembered "Dribble", Peter's pet turtle who meets an untimely end.

So was born this tshirt.

Today, turtles. Tomorrow...the hare?

No comments: